Your wedding day is the most special day of your life. Most Goan brides spend over a year preparing for it, seeing to every little detail and décor piece, all in an attempt to make the day perfect. And while everyone knows of the essentials: a gorgeous white gown, pretty heels, a glittering tiara, a cloud-like veil and of, course a matching pair of gold bands, there are several other items every bride must have in her arsenal if she is to go through the day of the wedding without any untoward occurrences. Stacy from WW Event Goa provided us her top 7 tips on the must have’s on your big day. Stacy as been planning weddings in Goa since 2005 specializing in destination weddings. Stacy’s mentions that Goa has been an extremely popular location due to its beautiful beaches and vibrant night life.
- Make-up: Whether you have done your own make-up or had a specialist do the job for you, ensure that you have a similar shade of lipstick tucked into your purse for those quick touch-ups.
- Tissues: Whether your big day is particularly hot and humid or not, and especially if you decide to have an outdoorsy spring time celebration, stash a few tissues within easy reach to blot off those oily cheeks or nose that could ruin that perfect picture.
- An extra pair of flat or ballet shoes: Walking up and down the aisle, standing for the course of the ceremony and then posing for a million pictures, sure tires your feet pretty quickly. When this happens, just slip outta those killer heels and put on your “dancing shoes” so that you can have just as much fun as your guests. After all, it is the most happiest day of your life.
- Safety pins: How many times has a safety pin saved your ass? Like literally! Just imagine not having one nearby on this extremely important day. So before you leave the dressing room, pin a couple of safety pins (if not more) to the inside of your dress. You never know when you might need them.
- Bobby pins: Just like safety pins, bobby pins are extremely handy items to have on you, especially if you plan to rock an intricate updo. Use them to tuck away those stray curls and keep all your hair in place so that you don’t end up looking like a mess by the end of the day.
- Mouth freshener and dental floss: With all the kissing and wishing you’ll be doing, isn’t it advisable to have really fresh breath? Keep some Listerine or any other brand of freshener handy for when you need a quick nip. And don’t forget to floss. With all the cameras pointed at you, a cheery bright smile is all that’s needed.
- Deodorant or body spray: You will have so many people hugging you and kissing you that you will lose count. And despite all that hectic activity and the mindless dancing, the bride will need to be smelling fresh at all times. A quick spray and you are done.
Besides the above, many advise keeping a sewing kit handy. And a pair of nail clippers. And stain removers. The list is endless. And to each, of course, her own. So feel free to add items based on your personal requirements.